Painting/Airbrushing Workshops?

Guest SaleenSC302

Guest SaleenSC302

Are there any local colleges/vo-ed schools or workshops that teach automotive painting or airbrushing? While I'm on the subject I guess I'm interested to see what courses are actually available out there on any automotive aspect (collision work, engine work, etc) Any ideas? Thanks.

Zeek

what kind of airbrushing you looking to get into? painting cars.. and doing air brush work are 2 totally different things. airbrushing is an art... having some kind of art background helps alot for it. jsut painting cars and body work, you cna learn, but also takes time and technique

Guest SaleenSC302
Well, I'm fine at body work and painting. I've had experience on a few cars. I want to learn some basics for shading and other tips and tricks. I can barely draw a stick figure, so drawing detailed portraits or complex stuff like that is way out of my league. I'm just interested in flames and other ideas. I've seen amateurs do amazing jobs on things like flames, american/checkered flags, and some other things just by masking it off right, painting in layers, and some simple shading. Some simple basic techniques is all I'm looking for.