M3 vs Z06 vs 911

AudiOn19s

Wow...thanks for all the input guys. I'm going to Dayton to look at an M3 on Friday..I'd really like to get rid of the 325 coupe first but this deal could be too good to pass up.

As for he other details. Yes the wife knows how to drive a Rear drive car...she currently drives the 325 daily so an M3 wouldn't really be different...plus she's been to a BMW CCA driving school so she knows her way around the car pretty well.

I'm clearly aware of the problems with the engine problems on the 01-03 M3's...I'm also clearly aware that BMW recalled the engined and all of the '01-03 cars now carry a 7 year 100k mile powertrain warranty because of the recall.

I'd love to let her keep the 325 coupe and get a toy for myself...BUT I need to have something for an every day driver that I can put all of my detailing equipment in to haul around...as it is the Audi gets pretty crammed full of stuff, a smaller car for me is out of the question. I really like my Audi and becuase it suits its purpose I plan on driving it into the ground before getting rid of it.

Guest GSRchick714
I'm pretty sure if I was the wife, I'd take any of those cars EASILY but for a daily driver, the M3 would be the best (just like everyone else said). But since it will be for your wife mainly, see what SHE likes the best!!

Hands down her choice is the M3...but she's willing to look at the other cars becuase she realizes that this car will also be my toy. If it were me buying a toy for Me and not worrying about the need to retain my sedan for what I need it for...there would already be a 996 sitting in the garage.

as much as i love the track prowess of the Corvette... my recent purchase of a different European car, tilts my decision more towards the M3. Its not near as fast as the corvette, nor does it have the "A list" presence of the 911, but it is an extremely well balanced car. It has some of the best suspension in the world, awesome ride, fantastic interior, and ooodles of engine potential.

M3 it is.

Update on this topic...I found the perfect M3 and couldn't pass it up so the deposit has been placed and I pick up the car on Friday.

Details: 2002 M3 Alpine White / Imola Red Leather, 6 speed, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Homelink, Harmon Kardon, Bi-Xenon, 18' stock wheels with winter tires, 19' factory wheels with SO3's, UUC short throw shifter, UUC clutch stop, Hardwired for Valentine 1, Hardwired for Ipod, Origionally owned by a detailer (small world huh), current owner assumed the lease 8 months ago. Car carries the 100k mile engine warranty and engine recall was just done. Owner has every piece of paperwork ever produced on the car. pictures of it coming off of the truck when it arrived at MAG on the first day, Clear bra on the car since 2 months old so no rock chips, All service records down to changing of the corner lamps for condensation, Dyno sheet from 18K miles the car put down 290 to the wheels, 13.0 @ 107 timeslip from national Trails, I scoured the car for about 10 minutes and could only find 2 small scratches that I don't think will come out. Heck...the front bumper hasn't even ever been drilled for a front plate. This car was too good to pass up.

Paid 36k plus tax for the car and feel great about the deal. Cannot wait to pick it up on Friday.

I've got a million pictures passed on from the current owner but I'll post up my own pictures after I take posession.

Andy