Exhaust cut out

Miller

Yo guys i was just wondering i bouught myself a exhuast cut out with a switch im gonna have wired to my dash. But my question is kinda vehicle specific. If I get this thing on my 96 v6 firebird when i flip the switch is it gonna have any sort of bad effect on my engine? Such as back pressure wacking out or maybe like messed up air fuel delivery because the caty isnt being recognized.

If im correct there is a good 3 foot section after my header then my catty is right there, and then another couple foot section where my muffler begins. And i think the o2 sensor is somewhere very close to my caty.

Well I did some searching and I got it all figured out thanks for the input guys. I'm gonna pop it right there between converter and exhaust and wire my lil switchy straight under the door panel. :D This will be fun :D

Guest stevil

My switch is sort of near the rear hatch release:

http://stevil.easy48.com/images/Foglights/Aug17_66-s.jpg

If you look at the back of that panel, you'll see there are only a few good spots, has thick structural support all over... I guess you could chop more of it out if you wanted. At first I wanted it closer to the rear hatch button, but now I'm glad it's farther away, easier to tell them apart.

Most of the V8 F-bods put the cutout inbetween the front and rear seat pan areas:

http://stevil.easy48.com/images/DMHcutout/dmh_03-s.gif

It's a nice little spot as you can see for the cutout and DMH electronic plate. Not sure how the V6 exhaust setup is routed, probably similar.