4th gen f-body wheels

Miller

All f-body guys out there I'm looking to get some new street legal but track ready rims and grip on my car. I really am outa place with finding wheels/matching size/ and calibration for diff size crap. But if any of you guys know a good package or nice rim/tire let me know or hook me up with a link to something. I really need help on this one.

I ordered some goodies from summit a few days ago and got a magazine from them. And I'm looking at the rims and i think i figured out that my bolt pattern is 5x4 3/4. And I'm checking out tire info and im just wondering how to understand tire size (ex. 275/50R15)....Rim Size (ex. 8.5)...and O.D. (ex. 26.1). How do you read that stuff like whats it mean?

275 would be your tire width in millimeters. 50 would be your side wall heigth...but not in millimeters. It's 50% of the first #. so, your sidewall is 50% of 275. The last number is your wheel diameter. I think I got that all right. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Originally posted by AustinL911:

275 would be your tire width in millimeters. 50 would be your side wall heigth...but not in millimeters. It's 50% of the first #. so, your sidewall is 50% of 275. The last number is your wheel diameter. I think I got that all right. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

This is correct. In addition, your rim width is in inches. Your example would be 8.5 inches from the inside lip of the rim to the outside lip of the rim. The outside diameter is the overall height of the tire, as it is mounted on the rim in inches. Your example would be 26.1 inches tall. If you find out how tall your factory wheel and tire height is, you can "plus size" your wheel/tire combo by increasing your wheel size and decreasing your tire size a comparable amount. By doing that, your speedometer should stay pretty accurate. Some programmers can adjust your speedometer calibration based on the outside diameter of your replacement combo though, so if you can't get the OD exactly right, it is possible to compensate for it.