05 ZX10 or GSX-R1000

Guest ravedave

Guest ravedave
jus curious....i've never seen them tested together...saw them tester the gsxr w/ a 636 but im curious when it all boils down which is better. My buddy has a gsxr but i dont know anyone w/ a zx10. how do they compare?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are so close in performance it boils down to your riding ability. Both will kill you quicker than you can blink.

It pretty much comes down to your personal preference or color choice.

I would go with the K5 but that's just me. If you buy a ZX10, your first mod needs to be a steering dampner.

Guest ravedave
i didn't say i was looking to buy one or the other...i'm intrigued by results. i like information and knowledge and i truely want to know which is a better bike. I'll prolly move up to a 636 next year in all honesty. i figured this would stir up that confusion lol i'm finishing this year with my GS500F. That is when i purchase the new forks n fix it. They're on ebay right now for $100..but i'd like them to stay that way so i'm not bidding till the last possible day haha!

The ZX10 is not close to the K5. The TQ on the K5 out matches any bike in it's class. Off the twist, I can instantly put a bike on a 10r and it gets worse the longer the race goes on.

Now that's street racing, AMA speaks for itself.

Also, if you are looking to buy, I am looking to sell.

Originally posted by Got-Busa?:

Why are you selling?

+2. Did you get skeered? :D

The bikes are close enough that it takes top tier riders to really show the difference. For average squids like ourselves, the only difference we'll notice is that one is less comfortable than the other.

To bad it doesn't win any road races!

The average joe with little to no riding experience won't be able to tell a difference between them. Both will kill them just as quick, maybe a tad quicker on the ZX10 because of head shake.

K5 has plenty of leg room. I'm 6'2" and have plenty of room. It's actually better than the K4 IMO.

yah

They are so close in performance it boils down to your riding ability. Both will kill you quicker than you can blink.

It pretty much comes down to your personal preference or color choice.

I would go with the K5 but that's just me. If you buy a ZX10, your first mod needs to be a steering dampner.

ask chris aka. I like pain killers

What is differnet about Columbus over any other city???? graemlins/wtf.gif

It's not the city, it's what we do...Typical night....QSL bike night, "Hey, lets go ride", we go to campus. "Hey, lets go ride", we go to Easton. "Hey, lets go ride", we go back to campus. We can never get a good ride going ANYWHERE. All my friends that used to ride back in 99 to 03 when I sold my bike, all sold theirs, so I have to make due with the situation. I get so tired of going from lot to lot talking. Honestly about absolutely nothing. Therefore, I want out again.

• 2 weeks later...
my 05 zx10r ran 9.75 at norwalk. i think with a good rider it would run 9.5 .it seems to have a hard time getting traction.also i st gear is so high its hard to launch and keep the rpms up.also with the timing retard eliminated ive had it to 211 mph on 270.although i have not hit the shift lite in 6th gear yet, i dont think it will do 220.

yah

ask chris aka. I like pain killers

I opted the 10r over the 05 gixxer for two reasons. First being comfort I felt much more solid on the 10r than I did the much nimbler gixxer. Seeing as I was never going to take my bike to a track day for hauling ass around town the 10r was better for me. The second thing is peg placement, I did not at all feel comfortable with the way my feet were placed on the stock pegs of the gixxer.

It all comes down to preferances,ride what feels comfortable to you and by all means do not wreck at 80+ mph it's not fun.

k5 all the way. So much more advanced overall. And i agree about not havin anywhere to ride, luckily i live north of the city and have a couple spots. But that's why you should just get a track bike. All the twisties you could ever want and much safer.

Plus i dont believe the zx10 is really anywhere close to the k5, imho.

also i st gear is so high its hard to launch and keep the rpms up.also with the timing retard eliminated ive had it to 211 mph on 270.although i have not hit the shift lite in 6th gear yet, i dont think it will do 220.

Thats the funniest crap Ive heard in my entire life. Million dollar motoGP bikes JUST REACH 200mph.. And I quote..

""The award adds an extra incentive to what is an already supercharged event this weekend at Mugello, traditionally one of the fastest circuits on the MotoGP calendar. In fact, the current top speed in MotoGP was set at the Italian circuit last year, when Tohru Ukawa clocked 324.519km/h on his Honda RC211V during the final qualifying session.""

324.519km = 201mph

News flash... your bike doesnt come near 200mph. More like 170 actual mph... maybe if you had -4 teeth in the rear and about another 100hp, you might get close in the 200s.

I just dont think you have something close to an RC211v... V5 (yes 5 cycl) 220 horsepower monster that weighs just 319 pounds.

http://www.bikersweb.co.uk/New%20bikes/honda2001/01TMS2-0552.gif

http://www.bikersweb.co.uk/New%20bikes/honda2001/01TMS2-062.gif

http://motorcyclistonline.com/images/RC211V_left_profile_zoom.jpg

Guest Crucial Conflict
With a "TRE" mod on any 1000 you can hit 200mph!!!!!!!!!!!! It's going to take you an added couple of miles, as with those Million dollar GP bikes they can hit 200 in half the distance or better... I've seen video and have talk'n with many peop's that run TRE's..........

When I see a nice little GPS confirmed stock bike with a timing adjustment hitting 211mph.... I will kiss the bottom of my race boots and take a picture for all.

You fellas need to learn to decipher from ACTUAL mph and INDICATED mph.

Guest Crucial Conflict
These were clocked mph readings (cop'r style), not indicated on a speedo... Hit Ivan's up that builds these .50 cent resisters, it can be done...

it's not gonna happen. sorry. the zx12 just has shitty aerodynamics. it has over 20hp over the busa but cant keep up. the busa weighs a good deal more too. And i'm sorry, but if the zx12 cant even do it, then there's no way a zx10 without a turbo and major investment would see 200mph. You've gotta understand physics. At those kinda speeds, 90% of the hp is being used to push the wind, 10% would be the rolling resistance, and other on bike losses. Plus a TRE mod usually only works in the low gears, top gear is always full timing. The lower gears are retarded to keep you from landin on your ass so easily.

Oh and john, those mph numbers are on a track, much shorter straightaways than a street. I'd say they'd easily do 210-215 at the salt flats.