94 stang GT idle problem

Guest afpony

Guest afpony
I have a 94 5.0 that idles fine, but will occasionally stall out of idle. It doesn't surge or sputter when it stalls, it simply quits running, almost as if the key were turned off. The first thing I did was to clean my idle air controller, then adjusted fuel pressure, checked for vacuum leaks, adjusted timing (it is at about 12 degrees now, and bumped the idle up a little, and the problem is still there. If anyone has any ideas, feel free to let me know.

Originally posted by afpony:

I have a 94 5.0 that idles fine, but will occasionally stall out of idle. It doesn't surge or sputter when it stalls, it simply quits running, almost as if the key were turned off. The first thing I did was to clean my idle air controller, then adjusted fuel pressure, checked for vacuum leaks, adjusted timing (it is at about 12 degrees now, and bumped the idle up a little, and the problem is still there. If anyone has any ideas, feel free to let me know.

adjust TPS. should be almost 1.0 volt at 850rpm i believe (nothing higer than .90v). just back out the retaining screws and turn it while having a OHM meter on the signal wire.

[ 29 May 2002, 11:22 PM: Message edited by: More Tools Than Columbus Racing ]

Guest afpony
Miles are 127k. EGR valve and fuel filter are fairly new. I tinkered with some more vacuum lines, and think I found the problem. Hope so, anyway. As far as mods go, it has headers, h-pipe, flowmaster exhaust, K&N intake, MAF sensor, 70mm throttle body, GT-40 upper and lower intake, Edelbrock performer heads, advanced timing, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, E cam, Hurst short throw shifter, and 3.73 gears. Kinda fun to drive.

Originally posted by afpony:

Miles are 127k. EGR valve and fuel filter are fairly new. I tinkered with some more vacuum lines, and think I found the problem. Hope so, anyway. As far as mods go, it has headers, h-pipe, flowmaster exhaust, K&N intake, MAF sensor, 70mm throttle body, GT-40 upper and lower intake, Edelbrock performer heads, advanced timing, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, E cam, Hurst short throw shifter, and 3.73 gears. Kinda fun to drive.

Nice setup man....sounds like a good combo