b18 vs h22

gt-titan

need some help from the honda people i have a b18 in a hatch and there is a lude that has a h22 swap done some head work witch is the better motor and witch one should i keep or get my b18 has cams and exhuast gears and pullys oh the b18 is out of a gsr little help please jeff....

If you think that the H22 will allow you to do the things you want at a lesser cost, then do it.

Your motor has alot of cababilities, followed by a huge aftermarket following. I don't know what you would gain by doing an H22 that you can't spend on that GSR motor to do the same or better.

But I am biased of course. But I say, what's the point of doing a motor to gain more torque when all you do is spin the wheels accelerating anyways.

Originally posted by spank06B18C:

need some help from the honda people i have a b18 in a hatch and there is a lude that has a h22 swap done some head work witch is the better motor and witch one should i keep or get my b18 has cams and exhuast gears and pullys oh the b18 is out of a gsr little help please jeff....

Learn how to write a correct sentence before you try working on your car. :rolleyes:

H22 > B18, yes I'm bias, but after riding/driving in both, with supercharger, and with turbo, the H22 is just a better motor. If I ever did another swapped honda (which I prob won't), I know which motor I'd choose.

i say stick with what you got. the b18 is a really good engine. you would be surprised how much this engine can do power wise. plus its already in and you would have to take all the time and money to replace and swap when you could prob just get around the same improvements out of the b series motor.