remote car starter?

99 TA

I've heard of it done, most shops won't install remote starters on 5 speeds, insurance purposes I guess. When you wire it up you have to bypass the clutch or something :confused:

Make sure you don't keep it in gear anymore!

Originally posted by White Supra:

How much money do you have to throw at it?

I don't want to put a lot of money into it. I'm just lazy and don't want to go out and start my truck this winter. The truck is a 91 S-10 no power anything. It's one of those daily driver put a scratch or dent where there isn't already one kind of vehicles.

I like where you are from too. :rolleyes::D

Yup you have to bypass the clutch switch. IMO it's not worth it, trust me. Me and another guy did it at the shop (took awhile, kind of a wiring nightmare). Kid gets in the car (it was a civic) starts it, forgot his phone. Shuts car off and left in 1st, after we told him he had to leave it in neutral, goes back out and uses the remote. Bam! Hits car in front of his, then he looks around to see who saw..and we all did. Moral: don't do it!

Guest badmuthrfkr

My friend used to work at CCA, and when they do it, they install magnets within the gearbox.

Call Tony Barker at Mobile Electronics, 478-5033. Only let Barry or Jason work on your car.