240 sx

Guest Rane

my uncle and i swapped a ka 24 for another ka24 and we cant get it to start. it will crank but just wont fire. he used to be a mechanic but got away from that when all his stuff got stolen, but between him and me we cant seen to get it to fire.

also, we cant seem to get the clutch to bleed out. i think that the bleeder is stuck. anyway, is there anyone out there that would be willing to give us advise or maybe even a hand. i would appreciate it greatly and it would save him from beating the crap out of my car. just kidding graemlins/eek2.gif

Start swapping ignition components from the old motor onto the new motor. Thats the easiest thing to do.

You can't get your clutch bleed because of that stupid "Clutch Damper". It's a little metal distribution block mounted to the passenger side transmission tunnel. The line from the master cylinder goes into it, exits the other side and then loops back into it. Then the line comes back out and goes to the slave cylinder. Remove the Clutch Damper, hook the metal line from the master directly to the soft line (it will bend as needed but be careful not to snap it) for the slave cylinder and THEN bleed the clutch.

Guest dsmtunr1116

this is his uncle..... i can just take the damper out???? the bleeder valve on the tranny in stuck. i can't get it to break lose. will that really help by removing the damper?

thanks for the reply. i appreciate it alot. ill try it this weekend and let you all know how it went.

Guest dsmtunr1116

oh yea, the clutch pedal either stays all the way up or all the way to the floor. will that go away when i bleed it or did i forget to hook something back up when we put it all back together. we were tryn to get it done so he could learn to drive a stick and get on the road but sometimes,well alot of the time hurryin screws things up....

graemlins/trout.gif

You mean the bleeder valve on the slave cylinder? If that is stuck, you'll never get it bleed seeing as how thats where you bleed it from. You'll also never get it bleed with that clutch damper attached.The reason the pedal stays up or down is because of the air in the system. Once the system is bleed you will have pedal.

yea just get rid of the damper, its what most 240 people do when they install new slave/master cylinders.. i spent a good amount of time trying to bleed my system with it in place with no luck, once i took it out i had the system bled in 5 minutes. might want to look into getting a new slave cylinder if the bleed valve on it is stuck, they aren't that expensive.