CRV stalling

Guest doggunracing

Guest doggunracing
At least half a dozen times recently, the woman's '97 auto CRV will die immediately after being started. If given throttle, it will catch and level off the idle. I haven't worked on Honda's much, so is there some kind of idle air bypass that could be stuck or something? Throttle plate sticking? It only does it when the engine is cold.

Guest doggunracing
She gets BP 87 usually. I don't know much about line freeze, but I wouldn't think just blipping the throttle would cause it to be fine in that case. It's more just like the idle won't catch because it's cold. Is there some sort of idle air bypass for the throttle body?

Guest doggunracing
Eh, it's a CRV, who cares? :rolleyes: I use Sunoco, but it's not like I test gas in my spare time or anything. I really don't think it's the gas anyway, it runs fine otherwise.

Seriously, do not use BP in that car. BP will cause those kinds of problems, and BP gas freezes much more frequently than others. Use low-grade Sunoco (heck anything other than BP). We get cars in all the time that are fine, but barely run because they have BP gas in them. We RARELY see CRV's in for problems, if you maintain them they are the most bulletproof vehicle I have ever seen. I'll put money on it that the gas is your problem. smile.gif I'll check Hondanet to see if there are any updates that should be done, as far as I remember there aren't. Later.

• 3 weeks later...