POS Accord clutch no more

Scotty2Hotty

Just a question to the honda gurus of the board. The accord I am selling felt like being a retard and the clutch pedal is now stuck to the floor. NOW my SPECULATIONS are that it's the throw out bearing, and or the clutch is gone. The pedal itself is stuck to the floor and when starting up the car in first gear it feels like moving itself. I think the clutch is half ingadged and disengaged. I'm not sure at this time, but any speculations are helpful. I'm thinkin befoer I sell the POS, I'll just pop in a centerforce or ACT and drive the piss out of it :D Anywho thanks for any help. Peace-SCott

My friend had the exact same thing happen to his Integra Type-R. Pushed the clutch in one day and it stayed down.. I assumed it was something hydraulic or more mechanical than a clutch. He just replaced the clutch anyways and it fixed the problem..

I know it's a hydraulic clutch I'm sure. I never noticed it slipping, BUT the day it happened the pedal stuck to the floor a couple times and when I was at a stoplight, I went to release the clutch like normal when takin off from a red light and as I barely took my foot off the clutch it engaged itself. Not too sure what is up but the car doesn't feel like starting now :( BUT I'm pretty sure I am not going to be driving that car for much longer. Wednesday I'm gonna go buy myself something new, but I have to make up my frakin mind AGAIN :D Thanks guys I'll see what I can do. I was gonna take it apart, but my garage is full. Peace-SCott

Can you pull the clutch pedal back up by hand?

Has the pedal been difficult to push at all before this?

Check the hydraulic system or cable first, if they are ok, then the throwout bearing could be causing your problem. If the throwout bearing is bad enough, it could be seized on the input shaft. The pressure plate fingers/springs are what pushes it back along the input shaft when you release the pedal. It it is bound, the spring force of the pressure plate may not be enough to get it to slide back. So you would need to pull the tranny to fix it anyway, so you may as well replace the clutch at the same time.

But since the car feels like it is in gear, then it is probaby one of the previously mentioned problems.

At first I could pull the pedal back but now she's stuck like glue to the floor. It's got some feel and will come back a lil bit, but other than that, that's bout it for it. Car itself will not move now, well it will but it starts off moving when in first gear :eek: Just annoys me it al of a sudden happens, but ohh well that's life. Peace-SCott

Yes Randy it is who else.....? You graemlins/fruit.gif LOL! :D Not my fault damn hondas! They're HONDAS JAPANESE they don't break come on, 6 grand shifts are good......wait and tire spin on dry pavement good too right....? Bah I don't care, I maybe sellin items off of it cause I am thinkin of junkin it cause I am too lazy to sell it, noone wants it, and I don't think I want another daily driver, but I might :D Anywho my beater Achoad is done with in the clutch department, so I'm just lookin for a new car regardless cause the honda is fallin apart :( Ohh well. Peace

Guest FixHondas
Your clutch master cylinder has probably leaked all of its fluid out- add some fluid and pull your pedal back up. Find the slave cylinder on the transmission and work it by moving the release fork (covered by a black boot) back and forth to work out the bubbles.

It's the master cylinder and some other shit has gone wrong with the car. So all together to get EVERYTHING FIXED 1,074$ :eek: It sucks but the car will get more $$$$ when I sell the fothermucker. CV joint was bad which I knew, A/C needed recharged, alternator is being replaced, and just more shit that's all. But it's none the less expensive as hell to replace all that shit for a car I am sellin, but it'll get more for it in the long run :( Peace