Clutch on a 3000gt VR-4

jeffmeden

How much is too much to spend on a new clutch and installation for a first gen vr-4? Is it worth letting someone else mess with my car? Ive got a lot of experience but hesitate on something that important and/or complex... Any tips would be appreciated!

i never heard over in your kill story thread but what mods do you have? if even bpu id *alteast* go with a rps stage 3 (called max series now). its around $500 and will hold fine. if youve got more or are planning on it id bend over and go for the rps carbon/carbon. the single disk is around $1500 w/aluminum flywheel and twin-disk is $2600 but the damn things are supposed to be indestructible :eek:

Yeah i decided to go with the RPS MAX, heard a lot of good things on line and found a sprung hub for 560 at WOT motorsports... now the only thing to iron out is putting it in... heheh (btw, the guys at WOTM said they have to fab each one at RPS, and it will take 2 weeks to be ready for me... is that normal?)

Jeff

Originally posted by Hua:

No, Ryan is full of shit as usual.

Cancel your order with him.

I will hook you up.

Yeah, I'd go with that advice. Hua will take care of you the way a paying customer ought to be. I would avoid performance shops run by Supra owners in Arizona as a general rule. They have a pretty shady track record.

Guest badmuthrfkr
Originally posted by jeffmeden:

lol now you tell me... its a done deal, they dropped the order to RPS and its up to them now.

jeff

Ryan does not have it in stock, therefore he cannot charge you a restocking fee.