seriously??!!

ninjachk08

well, i just hit 500 miles (yay for me!) and so its time for my first maintance. i just called comp. and they tell me its a flat rate of 1.5 hours WITHOUT OIL $105!!

HAHAHA.... YEA RIGHT!!

my car service maintance dont cost THAT much!! seriously..i cant believe they can charge that, and he said that they check EVERYTHING.. well, my car has everything checked when i take it in, and it only costs me MAYBE no more than $45!.. and thats prob with a tire rotation. a car has more fluids, more tires..and idk what else.. a bike shouldnt take that long and im sure dont have that many systems to check and change..

i didnt get a chance to call vista, but im sure its almost the same price. idk if its me, but that seems ridiculous!

dustin.. here i come..lol. im glad you went to school for bikes, cuz your my maintance man now!!

105 isnt bad.... But I agree it is still rediculous, but don't feel bad I paid 120 for my first service. I have done all of tv rest of the myself since though. And they do more than just check fluids and such with first service as well, that is why I paid someone to do mine

My buddy is gonna be at my house at 8 45 then I'm headin toward Park Layne to meet up with his cousin and hopefully ninjachk08 (though not confirmed) and from there headin south.

So hopefully on the road from Park Layne by 10 after 9 and at the gas station on 35 by 10 til 10 or so.

lol my honda has 25k on it now and has pretty much just had it's oil changed and air filter and she runs damn strong. Which we do ourself... actually just did it sunday.

Although I might let someone else check the valves.. I don't think we want to tackle that job.

Just be sure the people doing it know what they are doing. I've let one other person work on my bike (we spent HOURS trying to figure out it's turn signal issue and finally gave up) and god it was a headake. They didn't put the plastics back on correctly and I lost one of the screw things (hah) although they did buy me a new one... Had to take it all back apart and put it back correctly lol

lol my honda has 25k on it now and has pretty much just had it's oil changed and air filter and she runs damn strong. Which we do ourself... actually just did it sunday.

Although I might let someone else check the valves.. I don't think we want to tackle that job.

Just be sure the people doing it know what they are doing. I've let one other person work on my bike (we spent HOURS trying to figure out it's turn signal issue and finally gave up) and god it was a headake. They didn't put the plastics back on correctly and I lost one of the screw things (hah) although they did buy me a new one... Had to take it all back apart and put it back correctly lol

Valves are pretty easy. The biggest thing you have to worry about is doing the math for the correct shim and then getting the timing chain back on correctly.

Competition Accessories pisses me off. They have the worst service of any place I've ever been too. No idea how they stay in business. We'll probably never do business with them again if we can avoid it.

If we have to go to a shop for anything (except for Kawi maintenance) we go to Southside Honda/Yamaha/Suzuki (Yamaha of Troy).

well, i just hit 500 miles (yay for me!) and so its time for my first maintance. i just called comp. and they tell me its a flat rate of 1.5 hours WITHOUT OIL $105!!

HAHAHA.... YEA RIGHT!!

my car service maintance dont cost THAT much!! seriously..i cant believe they can charge that, and he said that they check EVERYTHING.. well, my car has everything checked when i take it in, and it only costs me MAYBE no more than $45!.. and thats prob with a tire rotation. a car has more fluids, more tires..and idk what else.. a bike shouldnt take that long and im sure dont have that many systems to check and change..

i didnt get a chance to call vista, but im sure its almost the same price. idk if its me, but that seems ridiculous!

dustin.. here i come..lol. im glad you went to school for bikes, cuz your my maintance man now!!

Haha...the services for my car are $300. I miss paying for services on my previous car. I know 105 seems expensive compared to your car but your car has 4 wheels as opposed to 2 like your bike. There more of a chance for injury if something comes loose or malfunctions on a bike. For me I don't mind paying the price b/c its a safety issue. I was lucky for the first few services last season b/c I was dating a tech but now I have to pay for it myself. :(

You can also search around for a bike technician that is certified to work on your bike. I know one so I can send u a PM with his name if you would like.

Competition Accessories pisses me off. They have the worst service of any place I've ever been too. No idea how they stay in business. We'll probably never do business with them again if we can avoid it.

If we have to go to a shop for anything (except for Kawi maintenance) we go to Southside Honda/Yamaha/Suzuki (Yamaha of Troy).

Another one bitten by Competition.

They stay in business because of their internet sales.

Their service is a crock. After I quit Honda Northwest I looked into a job wrenching at Comp. since it's so much closer to home. After some of the stuff I saw and heard about I won't even walk in the doors there now.

A good service manager might be able to do something, but they'd have to get rid of all the techs and all the parts guys and start with competent staff. No one in there knows anything it seems like.

Sales is how they stay in business bottom line.