slave or master cylinder?

Moe7

i've been talkin to people and from looking at my car i've determined that either my clutch slave ($20) or master cylinder ($60) has gone bad... i'm pretty sure its the master cylinder but is there anyway to check short of replacing both of them? basically theres no pressure in my clutch system at all and the pedal which is attached to the master cylinder feels as if its not attached to anything at all. i'll go tommorw and look for leaks around both of the cylinders but is there anything else to keep an eye out for? thanks

Guest gimpy21
well, i had a slave go out on my legend when i first got it, and the way you can tell, is when you press the clutch pedal to the floor, and try to put it in gear, you will get a grinding noise. the slave cyl is what sepereates the disc from the fly wheel. if you cannot switch gears when the pedal is pressed then it is your slave.....

Guest gimpy21

well there ya go...... slave cyl it is.....

it shouldnt be that hard to replace.... its kinda easy actually.....

but just make sure you know how to bleed to new slave cyl of air and all of that crap......