drifter o2 sensor

Guest lustful

Guest lustful
bavarian hot rod.. since the last thread got locked i will answer your question. atleast i think you have a question. on matts vette, we can't get the feul curves just perfect mostly because he has this O2 sensor that sometimes just measures nothing so i am trying to adjust a feul curve without having anything to base it off of except how the car reacts. It just intermidently does this we haven't found the rhyme or reason yet.. i think he is gonna try to put in a heated 02 sensor from a ZR1??... hope this answers your question.

Guest lustful

to be honest.. i forget which standalone it is.. and it isn't on 22's :rolleyes: ( he just told me about it this weekend.. he could have had a sweet ass deal on those wheels)

anyways.. as far as the 02 sensor goes.. i am not 100% on the number of wires.. from some cross reference his dad has it seems to match up fine.. are you saying that if the zr1 has five wires that it will work.. or that it will give sweet ass results?

what we run into is when you floor it it just reads some bizarre number that won't correct no matter how much feul you put to it.. so it has to be the 02 sensor .... i forget the exact explanation behind it.. it needs replaced bottom line

Generally:

Narrowband = < 5 wires. :(

Wideband = 5 wires. (plus a controller) graemlins/thumb.gif

Im fairly certain that the ZR1 is NOT a wideband unit. It would most likely retail at > 120$ and people would demand it for DIY WB kits. And it will not be a match up part. So right now im going to label it as narrow band, just the fact that its heated may help Lambda readings.

If you are using standalone, a stock O2 sensor is not going to work for tuning. I really dont see how it would even work with it in the first place. Stock Sensors are referanced around Stoic, it would simply try and get it to read .500mV in closed loop. at WOT, O2 data is like pissing out of the door, its ignored. And it should read constant value around .900-.915 for a "healthy" WOT AFR.

What value is it reading ??

Guest lustful

well in the program itself it reads the a/f value.. not the mv.

the values that it gives me is something around 10.1.. but soon after you let off the throttle it comes back to near stoic or right at it depending on how much of the throttle you let off.

thinking back, i think they wanted a heated sensor b/c the thought was that the sensor was not getting hot enough under WOT to get a proper reading..thus a heated sensor was desired..

oh and BTW i think the sensor is right around 80 bucks.. might be wrong

Originally posted by lustful:

well in the program itself it reads the a/f value.. not the mv.

Uhhm.... wait a second here... How are you tuning this? VIA ODB2 port or serial from the haltech? Autoptap?

ALL SYSTEMS will read the output in milivolts (mV),and decode it. Wide Band just can output Linear voltage, and most units have a display to decode it.

If you are using a stock O2 (aint a wideband), it will really F up your whole tune. A ZR1 O2 will make no differance. The sensor is working fine.

Best hope now is to strap it to a Dyno, and tail pipe sniff it.

Originally posted by lustful:

to be honest.. i forget which standalone it is.. and it isn't on 22's :rolleyes: ( he just told me about it this weekend.. he could have had a sweet ass deal on those wheels)

anyways.. as far as the 02 sensor goes.. i am not 100% on the number of wires.. from some cross reference his dad has it seems to match up fine.. are you saying that if the zr1 has five wires that it will work.. or that it will give sweet ass results?

what we run into is when you floor it it just reads some bizarre number that won't correct no matter how much feul you put to it.. so it has to be the 02 sensor .... i forget the exact explanation behind it.. it needs replaced bottom line

ehh..figure out what standalone it is and consult the manufacturer as to wich sensor to use.if it is the proper sensor and it's not jacked you may have communication problem with the laptop/palm/commander or whatever else you may be using to tune with. i had a similiar situation when first trying to setup my wideband, serial connection was jacked on the laptop,cuasing some pretty retarded a/f values to be displayed.switched laptops(nothing else) and got a normal display.

Guest drifter
the o2 sensor thats in it right now is the stock single wire pice of shit. I think its lettin the car jump in and out of open and closed loop. I thought maybe puttin a heated sensor in it would at least keep it in closed loop,

Originally posted by drifter:

the o2 sensor thats in it right now is the stock single wire pice of shit. I think its lettin the car jump in and out of open and closed loop. I thought maybe puttin a heated sensor in it would at least keep it in closed loop,

that doesn't nmake much sense...closed/open loop should be dependent on engine load i.e. TPS problem. then again it wouldn't be the first time GM has done something i didn't understand.