My Sister's Saturn..

Guest JCulls

My sister has a 98 Saturn and when she is accelerating and her car is shifting gears(it's automatic), her car jolts/shakes REALLY bad until the car finishes shifting... just wondering if anybody knew what's goin on or where she can take it to get looked at!!!

Could be a CV axle. Try moderate acceleration while turning left and right. A long turn like an onramp will be good for this test. Not so much power that it downshifts, but enough to pull and put stress on the driveline.

Sorry, you'll feel the front of the car shaking pretty badly. how badly depends on the condition of the CV joints. If 2 or more are bad you will have shaking violent enough to flex the whole chassis. My wifes corolla was doing that. was a pretty easy thing to fix.

i'd recomend that you take it to a dealership. The techs at Saturn are specifically trained in saturn and saturn problems. if I had to guess i'd say it was something to do with the valve body. I know that the s series cars have had some problems with those in the past.