civic and turbo question (long)

still2hi

first off im not a huge civic fan so i dont know much about them and/or turbos. but i do know alot about cars. my question to you is.. i have a friend that has a 90 hatch with a 95 integra engine swap. he wants to put a turbo on it but the one he has is small. i think its a waste of his time/money to put this small turbo on it. i believe its a t-25 and small side mount intercooler. (i think they are the stock ones of eclipses maybe). will that setup be resonable? or should he save and get something bigger. also if its possible about how much hp does 7 psi give you? i didnt think it was the same with every car and turbo, but i dunno.

Originally posted by drifter:

I think i would use a t-3, t-4 hybrid. It will let it spool just as fast as the t-25. But will offer way higher boost numbers for future tunning

boost is cool :cool:

graemlins/bsflag.gif

ehh a big hybrid turbo will NOT spool like a t25. unless of course you're shooting nitrous in there from about 800RPM

i say run it with the t25 for awhile, if it's not big enough he can always upgrade to a GT series turbo with the same manifold(assuming that he doesn't screw himself with turbo placement)

Guest Roger Hupp
Unless you are planning to rebuild the motor, the T-25 will be fine. 10psi will be right around the optimum efficiency range. I have a FMICfor sale. It's a bar&plate FMIC for your set-up for $200.00 shipped. Core measurements are 20x6x3.5 w/ 2.5" in/outlets.