My car is broken...again!

Guest JCulls

When I'm on the highway going around curves (it's really noticeable when I'm going around the turns around North Broadway and Lane Ave. on 315 for some reason) my car makes this really REALLY loud noise...it sounds like the tires are really thick i guess...if that makes any sense...it is even worse when the wheel is turned slightly to the left...also there is a slight vibration in the petals...just wondering if anybody had a clue what's wrong!

Guest lustful

thats what i tried to get out of her... bearings usually will make a noise when going one way.. and then not when turned the other way. that usually helps me out with those.

cv joints usually click when they go bad.. i have broke three so i think i know that sound.

sometimes they will click when giong straight or when you turn.. more promininent when you turn usually.

however i am yet to know of our cars have cv joint problems.. as a matter of fact i have never heard of them. but do you do any dirt road driving? the stones and so forth can cut into a boot on the joint and then allow dust to get inside of there.. before you know it ..click clikc click.. =ownage

hopefully this helps out some.. and BTW hello fellow 3sier!!!

Maybe its just me but I like to diagnose stuff before I start randomly replacing parts. Get the car up on jackstands and check for excessive play in the wheels. Grab each wheel and try to pull away from the car towards you, and then check for side to side and top to bottom movement. Also look in the fender wells to see if there is rubber on anything that would indicate the tire is rubbing. Its impossible to point to any one thing when all you have to go on is "it sounds like the tires are thick". graemlins/wtf.gif

yeah it makes noise when turning to left and not so much to the right...a friend who was in my car with me mentioned something about the wheel bearings also...ricky called me and im going over to IPS Friday afternoon since he'd fix the problem regardless!....yeah i suck at describing!! sorry but thanks for your help!!