nissan engines...

recklessOP

looking for some general information on nissan RB series engines. specifications, strength, what will swap between the various engines, and other useful info...

more specifically, i'm looking for information on the RB20DET. my main concern here is the strength of the engine, how much rpm it can take, and how much horsepower the stock internals are good for... ;)

any ideas where to find parts and service information would be helpful as well...

any information on the trannies that came behind these engines would be VERY useful as well. i'm mainly concerned with the strength of the gearbox that came behind the RB20DET. once again, info on parts and service would be very useful...

these engines don't appear to be too hard to find, and priced competitively with an SR20DET. i'm considering an engine swap with another car as my next project... ;)

thanks in advance... :D

Guest Ranger_Man
Originally posted by clm:

I don't know the answers to your questions, but I know of a board that does. smile.gifFresh Alloy

i hope he listens to you more than he does me cause ive mentioned that board about 15 times now and i still dont think hes gone there to read. :mad: . that and he tried to come on to me last night over aim.. really really weird guy..

Originally posted by Ranger_Man:

i hope he listens to you more than he does me cause ive mentioned that board about 15 times now and i still dont think hes gone there to read. :mad: . that and he tried to come on to me last night over aim.. really really weird guy..

lol, and i will be the third to suggest Freshalloy

what are you looking to swap it into? the engine is very good but then again so is the sr20det, i need some information about what your trying to do. and also try sr20deforum.com, there is a lot of nissan enthushists on that forum and i am posistive you could find some info there. are you trying 240sx? if so my opion is dont waste your time with the rb20det, just go sr20det and put a td06 on it and boost the shit out of it :D:D

yes, i was considering an RB swap into a 240SX... ;)

i'm looking for an engine that will hold an extreme ammount of power. not looking to do anything crazy just yet, simply laying the groundwork for a fast car down the road...

i also want something unique... smile.gif