Nitrous Help

88lx5oh

Originally posted by mjeosu27:

I would definitly go with a bottle warmer and a guage, also maybe a fuel pressure regulator if you dont already have one, and some colder sparkplugs. Back the timing out a few degrees, run some 93 octane, and spray away!!! :D

Mike

Sounds like a plan. :D Not sure on Mustangs, but dry kits on F-bodies usually require a bigger and better fuel pump, wet kits usually don't. So check into that... smile.gif

Definitly colder plugs. I got some NGK-TR6 gapped at .035 just for the added safety. Also do not buy platium plugs, go copper. You really dont need a bottle warmer but I would get one, I just did. I dont know how dry kits work but I would look into buying a fuel pressure shut off switch or a fuel pressure gauge. I am still buying things for my kit, I am going to buy a remote bottle opener. These are good not only because you can open the bottle with it but because if you ever get a stuck nitrous solenoid you can close the bottle in a instant. You do not want to have nitrous shooting into your motor when you are not at WOT. I would paint the bottle something cool like I did

http://home.insight.rr.com/samsc5/bottle.jpg

Originally posted by OSoSlow5.0:

I jsut bought a NOS Stage 1 Nitrous kit (dry) for my Mustang. Is there any particular items i should buy for it... ie. bottle warmer, gauge, purge kit... What is a must have?

I am spraying 175 with a dry kit on the Primered Pony this year. I learned that the jetting nos recommends is on the lean side. The kit really needs 24 pound injectors. 30 pounders would be even better. I found that fooling the Coolant Temp Sensor and Air Charge Sensor is worth a little more fuel. Give me a shout.