ABS light

Guest yodejo

Guest yodejo
anyone else have this problem?...in my camaro the "ABS" light keeps comin on..my brakes are fine and everythin...just the damn thing wont go off..anyone know how to fix it?

Could have a bad wheel sensor, you're almost guaranteed that the ABS isn't working. If you don't care about the ABS then you would have to pull the bulb to get rid of the light, otherwise someone will have to pull the DTC and reset it for you.

Guest stevil

On my car, after/while my alternator was dying, the ABS light was on. Not sure why but it was. New alternator, ABS light went away. I'd check all the brake stuff, but also keep an eye on your voltage just for shits and giggles.

I can also get rid of that light/DTC/etc. for you, but I think you should fix the problem instead.

Originally posted by More dB Than CR:

On my car, after/while my alternator was dying, the ABS light was on. Not sure why but it was. New alternator, ABS light went away. I'd check all the brake stuff, but also keep an eye on your voltage just for shits and giggles.

I can also get rid of that light/DTC/etc. for you, but I think you should fix the problem instead. [/quoteI] would assume Because the voltage to the ABS Unit was too low.

[ 19. May 2003, 10:06 PM: Message edited by: bigbabyjesus ]