HKS Type 1 Turbo Timer

Hwilli1647545487

I just finished up the wiring of my Turbo Timer today.

Have a few issues. One is a general issue, the other is car specific.

1. The RPM display on the TT is wrong. It reads anywhere from 600-1000 RPMs to high. IO have two other units that read RPMs, and of course the TAC. All three are tapped at the ECU on the same wire. I originall had the TT tapped off one of my other units, but thought the extra wire may have caused additional resistance, so I moved it to less than an inch from the ECU itself. Still the same issue.

My question is, has anyone else had this issue, and is there a way to calobrate it. I am not so much worried about it being wrong, but because it is, it makes me worry about the accuracy of the speed, and other functions.

#2. The factory alarm no longer arms since installing the turbo timer. I found a tech article that relates to MKIIIs. It says to cut a certain wire on the TT harness, and you'll be fine. Not sure about on MKIVs though. I doubt anyone will know this one, but it can't hurt to ask. smile.gif

TIA,

Howard

Guest mudbutt

The wire to cut on the mk3 is the acc wire, I believe it is blue. This may hold true on the mk4 too. To test take a spare key and turn the car on acc and try to arm it as you usually do. If it arms you should be good to clip that wire on the timer. To double check turn the key to the on position, if it doesnt arm then, you know you are golden.

Joel

Yeah, it's blue.

http://www.supras.com/sogi/techtips/4_electrical/4012_MKIII_mod_TT_with_alarm/index.html

I actually don't have a keyfab. The alarm normally arms with the car off, and I lock the doors.

I was hoping somewhat might just know, but it looks like i am going to have to go through the electrical manual on MKIV.com

I also found out the manual tells how to calabrate the RPM.. RTFM!! ;)

Thanks for the reply.

Guest mudbutt

When I said arm, I meant as you usually do. That is why I said use an extra key for ignition. A lot easier than tearing through schematics. If it isnt the acc that keeps the alarm from arming, a stratigicly placed diode will solve your problem.

Joel

Originally posted by RotaryHead:

I have this timer on one of my rx7's. The

speed and tach are also off. The tach is

off over 1k. But since yours is doing the

same thing, I want to know also if it can

be fixed. It drives me nuts. graemlins/wtf.gif

Everything is 100% fixed. Alarm seemed to have "learned" in on it's own.

RPM is programable. If you have the manual, it says how... RTFM :D . If not, post again and I'll put up instructions.

Originally posted by Isolationist Monk:

Everything is 100% fixed. Alarm seemed to have "learned" in on it's own.

RPM is programable. If you have the manual, it says how... RTFM :D . If not, post again and I'll put up instructions.

I had instructions, but I'm not sure were

there at. If you could post them up that

would be great. Thanks a lot man. graemlins/thumb.gif