supercoupe block

Guest mudbutt

Guest Mr.Fusion

The Ford 2.3 SOHC block could handle an upwards of 450hp , only when you use a a girdle on the lower end because it is a 2 bolt main block, a good set of main cap studs (i.e. ARP), as well as aftermarket rods. If you want more power you have to go to the Ford SVO block which is commonly used in sprint cars, but it can be done with enough money.

Francesco "Frank" (aka SG)

Guest nevarmore
One problem, the supercoupe block is a 3.8. You're thinking of the turbo coupe. If Eric or one of the other tbird idio...fanatics doesn't pop in soon, try asing over at tccoa.com or sccoa.com or the thunderbird underground.

Guest justnv6
Here is a link to Coy Miller racing engines...home of the quickest SC. 430-450 HP and 480-500 lb/ft. of torque are what this guy claims for his engines. Also, TDC claims something like 600+ hp for their twin turbo kit on a 99+ split port 3.8 (non SC block); sounds lofty to me, but it would be interesting to see a 3.8 with that kit installed. Sorry I don't have a definite answer for you, but those links might help you out a bit. :D