5.0 clutch problems

stolen 5.0

i'm having some problems with my clutch. While i'm driving if i push in the clutch, i can't shift in and out of gear unless i rev it up to a certain point. When i'm stopped with the clutch in and in 1st gear, it barely inches forward. I don't really hear any noises that aren't normal. Also when i'm stopped with the clutch in, and it's in neutral, i can't get it into any gears. i replaced the tranny last april and put a clutch in it. Today i replaced the clutch cable and i still have the same problem. Any help or advice would help greating. Anyone is welcome to come over, it's in my garage right now.

Guest relvinnian
I had this same problem with my t2 stocker. I thought it was the TOB, but the pilot bearing was kinda shattered. Exact symptoms you describe. I had to shift without the clutch (rev match), and when coming to a stop I had to push it into gear until it "clunked" in. Or I had to turn the car off to get it into first. Either way, you will have to pull your tranny. I would inspect and replace both the TOB and pilot.

when i did the tranny and clutch install, i put a pilot bearing and throw out bearing in it. that was in april though. changed over to synthetic fluid right before xmas.

anyone wanna help throw in a wrench?

[ 07. March 2003, 04:37 PM: Message edited by: Stolen 5.0 ]