stage 1 clutch for 87 Supra

Guest zeusbaby42

Guest mudbutt

My suggestion would be getting ahold of clutchnet http://www.clutchnet.com/ . You can get a disk from them for ~170 then get a factory pressure plate and throwout bearing from the dealer. This combo will still feel stock but have a much better grip. It should be able to hold ~500hp depending on the disk. For street I wouldnt recomend anything more aggressive than a 6 puck, as even that will be hard enough to launch. A friend of mine is using what I believe is one of their lower end clutches in a mk2 w/ 7m-gte. It has been pretty solid.

2 cents

Joel

Guest badmuthrfkr

I would do opposite what he said. Generally it is the pressure plate that cannot clamp down hard enough, not a disc issue.

Hit me up on AIM and I'll try to set you up.

smile.gif

Guest mudbutt
I dont know. It may be that way with the bag of excuses known as an mk4. ;) But the Scott Mech 6 puck used the stock pressure plate and people were making 3-400+ hp on them with no slipping problems. Just my observation, of the situation.