someone to rebuild 302

88lx5oh

Who can do a rebuild on a 302 ho mustang motor???

i will be pulling the motor and intakes, fuel injectors etc.. Id basically be bringing you the block with the heads on it, and a rebuild kit. my stang starts smoking after about 10 minutes of running. and it smokes alot.. thick blueish white smoke... i think the rings are shot from the nitrous. so i just want to get the thing rebuilt so i can drive it and not have to worry about something else going wrong. anyone know someone who will do it at a fair price... and when could i get it done?? also how long will it take??

Thanks

Ryan

Ryan,

I would be interested in rebuilding the car. But first I would do a compression test to make sure it is rings and not valve stems. The rings in these motors last forever. Valve stems however dont last all that long. Look at my 88. I hardly use any oil and I am stuffing air into the damn thing.

I tend to agree with Brian, after 10 minutes of running it sounds more like valve seals. I am not going to say the rings last forever though ;) Sometimes in a boosted application (which I know you said juice) the boost can actually keep the oil down with bad rings, being there is less vacuum in the cylinder itself. In wich case, still a street car like Brians or Mine drives around under vacuum quite regular, enough to notice bad rings.

By the way I can do it if you want it done.