boost leak

timmy43016

Give me a PM or just post. I know several people that could help. Jimmy (WRX R8TD) can probably do a compression and boost leak test. If not, we have friends that can do the compression test at a shop (for free or very minimal cost). Also, we could put you in touch with Mark at Quantum Racing to help with the boost issue. He is a long-time DSM guy, so work on a Talon may be up his alley. graemlins/thumb.gif

just find something you can use to stick in the intercooler pipe, directly after the turbo, or on a DSM you might want to do it to the turbo inlet since it has that flange for the intercooler pipe.

then drill a hole in it and stick a tire valve in it. hook up an air compressor, pressurize the system, listen for leaks, fix leak, you're done ;)

A spraypaint can cap fit really well in my intercooler piping, not sure what you could use.

-jono

Originally posted by I own 2 Stoned Goats now:

just find something you can use to stick in the intercooler pipe, directly after the turbo, or on a DSM you might want to do it to the turbo inlet since it has that flange for the intercooler pipe.

then drill a hole in it and stick a tire valve in it. hook up an air compressor, pressurize the system, listen for leaks, fix leak, you're done ;)

A spraypaint can cap fit really well in my intercooler piping, not sure what you could use.

-jono

wow, that is low tech as hell, but i like it :D