can someone help me???

Guest K2Veeeedub

Guest K2Veeeedub
Anyone wanan help me through my new springs on my car, i know how to do i just dont have the tools..its a 98 jetta..i just need big sockets and a spring compressor if anyone can help me thanks

I helped put coilovers on a 95 Jetta myself and let me tell you a pain in the ass :D I think I can get a spring compressor off of my friend, BUT there are some tools needed only for VW's. VW suspensions have been a bit of a pain in the ace. the Scirrocco sat in Jono's garage for a while, damn bushings and what not it was a full H&R coilover set-up, after it was finished the damn thing handled like it was on rails. ANywho let me talk to someone I know and I can get back to you on it. It'll take some time to do I can give you a fair warning, but shouldn't be too bad. Peace

Guest K2Veeeedub
no it wont take that long its just springs, just need a 22, and a 21 mm socket, compressior, take off the strut housin in the front on the bottom and top slide it out compress the spring, take it off wam compress my new spring slap it on there tighten the cap slide it back in and tighten the 3 bolts that hold it on and wam im done with the fronts, back are a lil bit harder, have to take the back seat down use 2 wrenches and losen the bolts up there and drop it out and then do the same with the front...i did it before but the guy who i bought the first set off of were the wrong springs for me car graemlins/asshole.gif ah well ya get back to me

No problemo, my friend with his 95 will probably help you if needed. He has the compressor and he knows where my other friend with the damn air wrench is cause he's got my ball joint separator. The front was easy as cake for us it was the back that was just stuck in solid. But I'll get back to you here soon. Peace

Guest K2Veeeedub
welp i tried and i cant get it...i need an impact i was tryin with a normal 1/2 wrench...ah well i got all the tools i just need an impact and air compressor, anyone help i live in hilliard...

Yeah the back is a BITCH trust me. I may also reccomend a torch and some bolt unlocker. They put lock tight on the threads usually on the back I think shock bolts and it's a bitch to get it off. A air wrench should get her off and all but you may have to soak it then heat it up then try. GOOD LUCK smile.gif Peace