A/C problem

smokin5s

There is a catch pan that the evaporator is mounted in. It is supposed to drain all the water that condenses on the coils to the outside.

There should be a drain hole in the bottom of the "box" near the firewall (engine side). Check to make sure the drain port is not plugged. I'll bet it is....

where is the drain port at? by the heater core? isn't the heater core inside of the dash? Why would they engineer the car like that? What does the drain port look like? Yeah, I'll do it on my own as long as I can.

It is usually a rubber valve that allows water condensate to drain out to the ground. This is why you always see a water puddle when a car is parked with the A/C on. A/C works by passing the incoming air over the cold evaporator. This quick cooling causes the water vapor to condense, thereby, drying and cooling the air.

Lay on your back under the passenger side (where the A/C hoses enter the firewall) and look for anything that looks like a drain. I usually will use a pencil to poke the plug loose.

normally, but also, your compressor can be broken or something. You'd have to check. Hey, does anyone know what kind of Freeon the cherokee's use? I'd like to get that fixed for my mother if I can. Ok, is it the heater core or the evaporator line?