clutch/flywheel ?

Craig

i just got a new clutch and flywheel for my car"92 eclipse gs 2.0 na with production date of 11/91" im sure the clutch is correct. but the flywheel has a replacable friction surface that is about 1cm smaller than the frition plate of the clutch. so is this the correct flywheel? im thinking it might be for the 1.8l. everything else lines up and fits correctly. let me know id really like to find out before i put it in and then find out it isnt the right one.

Sounds like it may be for the 1.8, I don't remember if they did have a smaller clutch or not, but I would imagine they did. Regardless, the flywheel mating surface is smaller then the mating surface for the clutch disk? That is definitely not correct, I would find a different flywheel.

Edit: BTW, as I am sure you already knew, in 92 it can be a GS and still have either the 1.8L or 2.0L engine in it. Maybe the person you got it from assumed that all the GS's had the same engine and didn't pay close enough attention to the part numbers.

[ 25 July 2002, 11:35 AM: Message edited by: Renner ]

ya i looked it up on act's web site. the 1.8 has a 200mm disk. the 2.0 is a 215mm. i called them up on it and they admitted to the wrong friction surface. they said they would cut me a new flywheel and send it out to me. "crossing my fingers" hopefully they send me the right one this time. thanks for you help.