Turbo Gods, EPA Scientists, 94 Cobras?

Nate1647545505

Howdy,

Well my quest to find an uber turbo for the winter project. First off im assuming the VE of this engine is roughly 90%, and i want to give you all CFM measurements, but i have none, only know of what is being used on the market currently. This hybrid turbo I want to match is a TD60-1 compressor side, mounted to a TDO6 20G exhaust side.

Is there a better unit (say one that is ball bearing, full ceramic, etc if these are not) or is this hybrid an efficent combo.

Thank you all kindly.

S52 with ODBI Conversion. Full port and polished head, 1mm bigger exhaust, and intake valves, dual spring with titanium retainers, custom ground cams with stock duration with additional lift. Plannng to run Pauter rods pushing JE pistons with Total Seal rings.

Final phase is the turbo/intercooler, shooting for the 500hp range, as a basic setup is easily pushing 400rwhp @ 12psi, with 93 pump gas, and EGTs and A/F(mid 11s) in a safe range.

Do you think a 1400CFM FMIC would be enough to cool the T60-1/TD06 20G? I need to talk mmore to the turbo ///M community for more answers and what not.

Guest mudbutt
1400 cfm should be more than enough for 500 hp. You are pushing it trying to get 500whp out of a 60-1 you be at the outer limit of its efficiency range. 62-1 might be a better idea for that power. Another option would be something like a PTE sc52 w/ .63 exhaust housing. If money isnt really an option, the turbo Im using (gt3040) would be right up your alley.