HELP! Question about Moser Axles/C-clip eliminator kit

Boost-n-Juice

I have a set of c-clip axles from Moser, 31 spline 5 lug. I wanted to eliminate the c-clips so I purchased a Moser C-clip eliminator kit, part # 9300, which say it will fit stock axles, and after market axles with 1.398 diameter axles.

Well, I went to have them pressed on and the guy says they won't spin once they are pressed into place and he also claims my axles are 1.3995". I don't know what to expect.

Any ideas?

heres the way c-clip eliminators work. its like a hub bearing so it presses on the axle and bolts to the axle housing. scince its a press fit the bearing will be slighty smaller than the axle. the housing around the bearing holds the axle in eliminating the c clips. just have the guy press the eliminators on they'll be fine.

hth

Guest chochmo
I'm not sure about the numbers, but I know that there are a couple of different C-Clip eliminator kits out there for the thickness of the axles, and I don't think it is a very big difference, but probably enough to cause the problem you are having. You may have the wrong kit, but I don't know for sure.

Thanks for the replies. I'm with Dave, I was thinkin the guy might not know what he's talkin bout, but who knows. I wasn't at the shop, my friend took it up there for me.

They only make 2 kits, one is for stock axles and after market up to 31 spline (the one I have), which states the size of 1.398. The other kit is for 33 spline and bigger, the size for that kit is 1.414", so I have the right kit.

I couldn't turn them when they were off the axles, so I dunno.

the bearing won't spin in the housing?? did the guy try to press them on already? whoever did the work coulda messed up the bearing if they pressed it wrong. where did you take it to get it worked on? I had the local napa press my axle bearings they did a good job.

that is a .0015 press fit .0020 is max for a press fit on almost any bearing.so those are within spec. call 871 0890 and speak to Walt (napa's machine shop).tell him the situation and he will be able to help. this guy is great tought me a lot about machine work. also tell him that Rolla said to talk to the old man. its just an inside joke that we had. but dave is right the person who pressed those on messed up some were.