shocks

Dave1647545494

well I got my truck all lowered this weekend and it feels a little bouncy in the back. lowereing compressed the stock shocks a bunch. I guess I 'm wondering if I need a shorter shock or just a stiffer one to deal with the increased spring rate.

any ideas appreciated.

shorter shocks. IF there are any suspension shops in town that does lowered vehicles (only place i know of that does suspension is 4wheelparts, and they do lifts), go down there or call and tell them exactly how you lowered it, and they should be able to hook you up. I would suggest going with Toxic Shocks. If you can't find anything local, go to http://www.godfathercustoms.com/ and give them a call about it.

good luck

oh, and what was wrong with the belltech kit? why didnt you like it?

I've got the bumpstops cut down. Jegs has to order the shocks for my truck and I get a good discount on KYB stuff. I'm just trying to figure out how much shorter so I can order the correct shock. the belltech kit was ok but alot of the parts were mislabled and I had to buy some hardware cause some of the stuff they sent was wrong. it also took a torch to get the old hangers off according to belltech they remove easily with a chisel and a cut off tool. it was just irritating cause I had to borrow a torch and run back and forth to the store a bunch. back on topic I lowered the rear 4 inches do I get shocks 4 inches shorter? if anyone knows please call me at work tonite 3/11/01 at 861-2894 and let me know if not post a message here. I gotta do something its kinda scary to go much of 50mph right now. I'll order belltech shocks if I have too but I'd rather have KYB stuff its worked really well for me before.

Originally posted by On the Ground:

got the shocks by chance a guy who works at a suspension place came by the store he helped me pick out the right length thanks for your help everyone who posted

good to hear, let us know how they do

btw, the drop kit i'm planning on getting is from DJM. Everyone with a Tacoma that has gotten it says it's a great kit.