mufler selection

Guest sphen02

Guest sphen02
alright...im thinkin bout running an exhaust on my car having custom mandrel bent pipes for it cus i dont feel like shellin out 600 bux to import one...but i was wondering if i ran an exhaust is it possible to find a high flow muffler that wont make a 4 cyl. engine sound like a fucking bumble bee? lemme know what cha think...if all else fails i can just not have a muffler hehhe

You could run some kind of reverse flow resonator either before or instead of a straight through canister. Reverse flow helps cancel out the high frequencies which contribute greatly to the bumblebee buzzing.

My Greddy SP has two RF resonators on it, and they really mellow the sound out.

Guest sphen02
i see....yeah cus i really dont want to go around sounding like a freakin weed whacker...cus u know as cool as that would be im afraid my car might shoot rice out the tail pipe hehe..but thanks for the tip

Guest KILLTHEPAIN3597
Originally posted by BlackBird:

when ya find one,lemme know, I'll do your system, bring me the parts and $5 for the wire. I just like working on odd ball cars. :D

How would u like to put an exhaust on an 84 supra, mine fell off... all of it.

Xtreme will do headers and damn near anything else you want done. Jesse, kind of big good ol' boy that runs the place will set you up right. Anything with a straight through sound will more than likely give the raspy annoying bumble bee sound, now something like an APEXi Dunk style muffler, (I suggest lookin at it to see what it's like) will give you a more or less deep throaty sound. Cherry bombs are loud yes, and anything you can see right through will give you that annoying sound, go over to Xtreme and check out the mufflers he can get. Armin, you can get those headers installed at Xtreme, but mostly it's a bolt-on setup with shorties on a 5.0, just will take time and be a pain in the ass. Peace

Guest sphen02

thanks alot man you've really been alot of help...do you know if they'll do a "mid-pipe" or racing pipe, what ever you want to call it where they replace tha catalytic converter, or will they not do that. which is understandable illegality and such

[ 02 September 2002, 02:58 AM: Message edited by: sphen02 ]

Originally posted by KILLTHEPAIN3597:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by BlackBird:

when ya find one,lemme know, I'll do your system, bring me the parts and $5 for the wire. I just like working on odd ball cars. :D

How would u like to put an exhaust on an 84 supra, mine fell off... all of it.</font>I dont see a problem :confused:

If you bring me steel, I will weld. :D