Vortech SFMU/Greddy Type-S BOV

70rsz28

Is there anyone that knows how to correctly ajust the Vortech Super Fuel Management Unit, I have the 3.62 Disk/Ring setup in it becuase that is what the manual says for 95 PSI of fuel pressure for 8 1/2 LBS boost? Its says there is to be a boost screw which isnt there, and when i turn the Vacume screw or the Static Pressure screw the pressure doesnt change? Also can anyone tell me how I know whether to make the Greddy Type-S BOV Softer or Harder?

:confused::confused::confused:

on the greddy there is an adjustment screw right on the top with a jamnut on it..loosen the jamnut and tighten it to make it "harder". loosen it to make it "softer".

BTW it says that right on top of the valve.

The static fuel pressure screw adjusts fuel pressure at idle, the discs adjust the ratio of fuel pressure per pound of boost. What do you have static fuel pressure set at now? If you have it to high already and then try to raise it more it may not go up any higher. Typical base fuel pressure should be around 40-50psi on fuel injected engines.

With the Greddy Type-S BOV you want loosen it just enough to prevent compressor surge.

Originally posted by BiG BeN:

on the greddy there is an adjustment screw right on the top with a jamnut on it..loosen the jamnut and tighten it to make it "harder". loosen it to make it "softer".

BTW it says that right on top of the valve.

I know it says it on the top of the BOV but I didn't know when i needed to ajust it and what ajusting it would do.