Warranty info

Guest beransom

Guest beransom

I made this post on LS1Tech.com in reference to a dealer threatening to void a car's warranty due to after-market parts. Thought it might be of interest...

The only thing that can really void your warranty is something that makes mods to the emmissions such as using the power programming option in a HyperTech programmer. Most anything else, installed per manufacturer's instructions can not void the warranty. Check out the Magnuson-Warranty Act of 1975 (do a google search). It protects you from the dealer/manufacturer voiding your warranty. They have to prove the after-market part caused the problem to take any action. The only issue is that the part must be installed per the manufacturer's instructions. Want to see the truth? Check out this site: www.gmperformancecenter.com/silverado.html It is an offshoot of Courtesy Chevrolet in Phoenix. This is a 450HP, lowered, supercharged, majorily modded full factory warranted truck. Give them a call if you want to know how they did it. This was their answer to GM's lack of producing the SS and it will still kick the new SS's butt all the way from Motor City to AZ! It makes a Lightening look like a toy. I talked to them before I began messing with my truck. There was an article in one of the trucks mags a few years back. When I showed my dealer the article they changed their tune. Try to find out who the performance motorhead is at your dealership and start talking with them and asking their advice. There is always one that knows how to play the game.