Tuning Question

06busa

I was just checking around to see what everyone thinks is the best decision I should go with on tuning. I have a 1991 Honda civic hb with a 1st gen b16 in it. I just ordered a garret t3/t4 turbo. The compressor specs are .60 a/r housing with 60 trim wheel and the turbine specs are .63 a/r housing and stage 3 wheel. I wanna run between 8-10 psi. I already have dsm injectors and plan on getting a new fuel pump and different fuel regulator. My question has been is do you think that when it is put on the dyno they can tune it enough with just a vafc or am I gonna HAVE to go with like Hondata or AEM EMS. Any personal info or anything would help. Thanks

Depends on your budget. The key to making reliable power is tuning. A V-AFC would be "enough" if your budget doesn't allow for a stand alone, using the V-AFC hack can work wonders. If you don't know how to tune or don't know of a reputable tuner for Hondata or the AEM EMS, the money spent won't do you any good. Just remember if you go the Hondata or EMS route to budget in money for dyno time. Hondata is a great system IF you can have it properly tuned and the base maps would allow you to drive your car to the dyno.I think AEM's EMS would be a bit overkill for what you want. Hondata is pretty simple to use, check out their website for more info. Hondata

Yeah i've checked out hondata quite a bit and know what system I would go with but right now I don't know if I really want to spend the money on it. My plan this year is to run on the stock internals and everything and keep the boost around 8-10 and then next winter I plan on building the whole motor and running high boost. And at that time I am going to run haltech. So, I think the past day or so I have decided to just go with the vafc and save the money for when I get the haltech instead of spending a lot of money on hondata when I will be taking it out in a year or so. But I do plan on having the car on the dyno quite a bit with the vafc then when I get the haltech i am gonna go to inline pro in virginia and have them tune it. But I finally started getting some goodies in today and got to start working on it again.