Suggestions for a Chevy Cav. Z-24

Guest catmel

Guest catmel

Hey all, new to the forums and the car world.. I have a 93 Chevy Cavalier z-24, looking to make some changes to it. Being relatively new, just looking for some good suggesitons. I definately need a new sound system, from there I'm not sure yet..

- Melinda

Guest nevarmore

Whats your budget? What are your goals, show or go? Go is cheaper and more fun IMHO.

Intake is easy and cheap. Exhaust can also be done cheaply if you buy used or roll your own. Lightening a car is free, how often do you really use the back seat?

Keep in mind, that the Cavalier isn't exactly a performance platform. You can add some performance, but eventually you'll hit a wall thats about $15,000 high to go any faster.

Originally posted by SapphireGal:

Hah.. it is a peice of crap I think, but seeing I cant get a new car at the moment I figured i'd see what I could do with it ;)

if it's a piece...and you know it's a piece.then don't start dropping cash on it.you'll never get any satisfaction out if it.makes busted knuckles and entire paychecks spent nothing more than a waste. but all is not lost. sell it and buy something you like.doesn't have to be new.there are some cool cars out there for cheap.just gotta look.

sweet.. I've had some people tell me it wasn't that bad of a car. I would just like to touch it up a bit..

don't put much into what others tell you.they aren't the ones driving it. if you like it cool...just consider that any money you put into it is GONE when you sell it.mods will not make the car more valuable, so it may as well be gone.

sweet.. I've had some people tell me it wasn't that bad of a car. I would just like to touch it up a bit..

Well, they weren't exactly honest with you then. You need to sell it and get a car that you can actually make fast.

To me it would depend on what kind of shape the car is in. Is there any rust? Is the body still in good shape? How many miles are on it and what's the mechanical condition of the car?

If everything were still good on the car and I was going to keep it for a while I would tighten up the chassis some. Get some strut tower bars, anti-roll bars and a suspension kit (Shocks and Springs). That should make it handle better/feel tighter and IMO makes it more fun to drive then a softly sprung rattle bucket.