200 r4

Lustalbert

They can take full weight Buick's into the 9's (full weight = 3700lbs) if you have it built by someone that knows what they're doing.

Cheap? Depends on what you want done, but for the most part, a 2004R isn't cheap (compared to a TH350, TH400, etc.).

I'd call Vince Janis (330-753-6609) and talk to him about it. He's a 2004R guru.

Guest ST RACE

The 9sec. cars are spending 2500 on trans and 1200 on stall. Most of the hi-po parts come from PTS

Yes I have talked to Vance, PTS told me to call him, he told me to call Grady in grovetucky got what i needed.

Cant make an Overdrive go fast cheep

p-g 400 for 1/2 the price of 2004r

Originally posted by Jelloman457:

The 200 r4 is money down a hole. It wont last any time at all. A BB really needs a 700 r4 or a 4L80E transmission. The guy to see is Rod Brown at Car Services in New Albany.

You're wrong.

... also the 700R4 and 4L80E both have way too deep of a first gear.

Originally posted by kenny:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Jelloman457:

The 200 r4 is money down a hole. It wont last any time at all. A BB really needs a 700 r4 or a 4L80E transmission. The guy to see is Rod Brown at Car Services in New Albany.

You're wrong.

... also the 700R4 and 4L80E both have way too deep of a first gear. </font>

Riiiiiiiiiiiight---No such thing as too deep a first gear.

check these places out

www.trishieldperf.com ---minesota

http://wsx.net/ere/ ---newark(ohio)

they both do excellent transmissions

the hot setup on big block cars right now is a th400 or a th350 with a gear vendors overdrive on the back now the catch is that the gear vendors deal is almost 2000 but if you already a have good trans setup you won't have to go through it all again plus the gear vendors unit is bullet proof thos eturbo six motors make torque but not like a big block I have a turbo 400 for an olds if you need it let me know and we can work something out

alraedy have a th400, and 2 200 r4s. the 700r4 wouldnt be to bad, but would need an adapter plate, and the ratio from 1st to second is a big jump. ill look into the above mentioned people. This is mostly an inquriy for the planing process. Not planning to have it completed for about a year or so.

Thanks

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...

Back from the dead I know, but I found a few pics of why I have Vince do my transmission work.

Vince's car (9.89@138 with a 2004R)

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~ncturbos/_uimages/VJanis-1.jpg

Frank Parvin's Stage II car, with Janis transmission

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~ncturbos/_uimages/ParvinRacin.jpg

A bunch of other fast cars with Janis transmissions.

graemlins/fruit.gif