Trans Shudder...

Boost-n-Juice

Ok...the cuplprit... '93 Crown Vic, 4.6 v8, AODE with 140K miles.

Here's the deal, when it locks into OD, it gets a HORRIBLE shudder under acceleration. This is a known problem with the AODE.

Here's my ? I've seen first hand where in situation like this if you change the filter and fluid it can actually make it worst.

Someone once told me it was beacuse the "old" fluid has small clutch particals in it, which actually keep the trans from slipping worst.

Any input? What would you do? It's easy to work around, just drive in 3rd and then when you get on the freeway let off the gas, hit the OD button, let it engage and then get back in the gas.

I dunno....sorry to ramble :rolleyes:

A-transmission masters in reynoldsburg does good work. a service bulletin is an update for techs with new/better info usually. the circut board thing is for after a rebuild. with the kind of mileage you have its prolly due anyway. if you don't wanna mess with the trans shop pm me and I'll see what kind of price I can get you on a rebuilt one through the store