Megasquirt

Guest Computerguy5

Guest Computerguy5
Has anyone had any experience with the Megasquirt system? I'm investigating it for use on a project that I'm kicking around; trying to see if it would work and if I should start the project.

Guest Computerguy5
Wow, what happened to the other 2, meaningless posts in the thread? It looks viable, I just don't like the fact that it can only handle two banks of injectors. I would so prefer the ability to handle 2 or 4 as an option. I can build it, that is no problem whatsoever, but if I do, it's going on my project. I was just wondering if anyone has used it and has any comments.

Originally posted by Computerguy5:

Wow, what happened to the other 2, meaningless posts in the thread?

View Tech Posting Guidelines, list item 1. ;)

As far as that system, I can see it being very useful as an AIC (additional injector controller) also. For a budget fuel system on a boosted car, running auxilliary injectors can be very effective. You get the driveability of the stock ECU when out of boost, then the added fuel from the secondary injector(s) when at WOT at higher than stock boost.

Thanks for posting the link. That site is very interesting.

[ 20. January 2003, 02:30 PM: Message edited by: No Soup for You ]

Guest Computerguy5
Originally posted by No Soup for You:

As far as that system, I can see it being very useful as an AIC (additional injector controller) also. For a budget fuel system on a boosted car, running auxilliary injectors can be very effective. You get the driveability of the stock ECU when out of boost, then the added fuel from the secondary injector(s) when at WOT at higher than stock boost.

Holy crap! You're a genious! I was thinking that I would replace the stock ECU entirely and play around with it, but I really was against the tuning nightmare (turbo 4 cyl that really works best with a sequential 4 injector setup that are independantly fired, which is why I wanted the ability to control 4 banks of injectors). But, using 1 bank to control fuel, and the other to control water/alcohol (I'd have to see if I can adjust the injection routines for the injector banks individually), I could have a PERFECT system!