clutch

Guest sphen02

Guest sphen02
ok so basically as long as ive been on this board ive been having serious clutch issues...major slippage...but ive milked it for a rather long time id say...so around income tax return time i might be picking a new clutch up...prolly nothing more than an OEM..if mark reads this he'll kill me heh...but something that will atleast not blow up on me in less than 6 months of driving like my last clutch...and since the last few people to work on my car have screwed it up royally i figure this time do it myself and save the hassle..i've never done anything this major to my car...so i figure i should see if anyone here with a lil more experiance might be willing to help me out when i pick it up. thanx.

At the very least you should try to get a pressure plate with stiffer springs than stock. It shouldn't cost significantly more than a stock one. That's really the only difference between my clutch and stock.

You need to find out if your stock flywheel can be resurfaced also. If it is badly worn when you get the car apart, you might need a new one.

You will enjoy life significantly more if you can con someone into letting you use their lift and an air compressor, btw. ;)