the shakes

Guest crx34

Guest crx34

well, i have a 91 crx with a 1st gen b16a. my problem is that it shakes like theres no tomarrow. i just put new rota's on & balanced them, so its not that. the shop that put my axles in said that there was a little play in the intermiadte shaft but shouldn't be a big problem. on the left side (if in car) i have a integra axle(90-93) but on the other side i have a del sol axle. the car seems to be thumping really bad when making right turns, but if i make a left turn the car is smooth, it shakes pretty bad when driving straight :mad: . hope i explained myself ok.

help please!!! i havn't driving my crx for a year now :( , and i'm sooo close!

Just a guess but the intermediate shaft may be sliding out a little bit when making right hand turns...I've never heard of it happening but I suppose it's possible. That realy isn't something that can be diagnosed on the internet. Try moving the front tires to the rear to see if it helps the shaking (it doesn't matter that they're new).

It might have something to do with the del sol axle. You are either supposed to have 90-93 integra axles on both sides or you can make your own set of SIR axles by combining 89 axles and 90 axles. You need to made the SIR axles if you have a SIR intemediate shaft. To make the axles you you use 86-89 integra axles with 90-93 integra inner CV joints.

Guest crx34

i have a feeling that it could be the del sol axle. its on the side that shakes the most shaking/thumping. i guess thats what happens when you take your car to passen, they said i need del sol axles, never heard that any where else. the other side is from a 90-93 teg. looks like passen is going to have a unhappy camper soon.

if you have any more suggestions i would apprecaite it. Thanks