Tranny Help please!!!

88lx5oh

well my transmission (borg warner T5) in my stang is whinning badly... it has been whinning since i put it in, but definately not as loud. and when in neutral, with the clutch out it makes a grinding whining type noise not extremely loud but loud enough. when the clutch is pushed in it stops. also when driving then coming to a light ill push the clitch in and go from like 3rd to 2nd or 2nd to first, it makes the same type of sound but louder, and its kind of a skipping noise.. like metal touching metal, but not constant... liek something is warped and keeps scraping... what could it be?? clutch or the tranny itself.. it still shift nicely...

Normally and I stress its not always a constant but if there is a noise that goes away when you push in your clutch it is the throw out bearing. I have seen them make all kinds of herindus noises, and they never seem to last as long they should either.

This sounds like the same problem I had with my other car. If it whines while your moving it could be the bearings in the tranny are shot and it needs rebuilt, at least that was the case with mine otherwise its probably a simple as the throwout bearing.