Bad Wat er pump?

Buck531

Ok.. I go and look under the Buick tonight and there's an assload of leakage under it.

Look at the stuff.. feel it.. like almost a reddish color. "kinda" oily.. just about like anit-freeze. This is with having the car very cold btw.

Look at the water pump pulley. That looks ok. But I look underneath it on the crank pulley and there's a small bead of something.. about the same shit that was on the ground on the belt.

On the over flow tank, it's about almost an inch below the cold line (car hasnt' been ran since noon).

Would one assume that it's the water pump? The overflow tank is all green and shit. I'm not sure what year GM started putting Dex-cool in the car so it's making me wonder.

Thanks folks smile.gif .

Guest Ranger_Man

run your finger underneath of the pump and feel for liquid. if your pump is old it is most likely your pump telling you its going bad via the 'weep valve' which is a hole on the bottom of the pump nearer the pulley side.

however, the 'weep valve' usually doesnt leak that fast. so it could be the seal letting go. id still go run my fingers under the pump to try to pin point it as you could most likely feel the broken seal all over the place.