Turbo D16Z6

Guest OhioSiGuy

Guest OhioSiGuy
I'm looking to buy a D16Z6 or D16Y8 either wy i'm going for boost. smile.gif I'm thiking about going the T3 with the 48 trim. I'll have a front mount intercooler and stuff, well what ever Ebay has to offer. 450cc DSM injectors and a FMU from where ever i have to do more research there. I was wondering if to put more boost through my engine if i just have to buy forged pistons and rods plus add a greddy metal headgasket. after i do this will i be able to run 12-15 PSI? I know nothing about turbos i'm just learning but i know where i want to go 250 WHP. I know its ok to run 7psi on stock internals atleast from what i have read and heard. Maybe one day i'll have boost. smile.gif

Guest OhioSiGuy

Yeah, im thinking about sleeving it after a little while so it could hold a higher PSI level. But for now i wont do much, just put the engine and then look for parts, i'll go for some new rods and pistons and stuff like that then ill get my turbo set up. Better to be safe then sorry.

[ 22. July 2003, 07:13 PM: Message edited by: OhioSiGuy ]

Guest OhioSiGuy
Well, a b16 doesn't have all that great of torque, a b18c too much money for me, and a b20 is alright but i want to go a bit cheaper. A D16 about the same torque as the B16 and it puts out like 130 HP (crank) but its a nice little engine i can blow then buy a new one for cheap. Plus i dont have to buy a mount kit which would save me like $1500. I have a Gen 1 CRX. So for about the money it would cost for a mount kit (motor mounts, axles, shift linkage, etc.) i can have a nice little turbo charged D16 well SOHC ZC. I don't want to have to spend much when i blow a motor to replace because i WILL blow it, lets just say this will be my red headed step child that i have to beat. To answer your question i'm only 17 and i want something nice and little nothing too much.