300zx Factory Alarm - Keeps Going Off

Guest bocce15

Guest bocce15

Has anyone had this problem or heard of this problem on a z32's (1996 TT) factory alarm? The car is not being touched, but the car alarm keeps going off. Is there a way to fix this or disconnect* the alarm? I have the service manual for my car, so if there are instructions you may want to give me, you can refer to a page in the service manual.

I would much rather not just disconnect the horn, although getting rid of problem of waking my neighbors, the alarm would still be going off (which would not help my battery) and when driving I could not alert people to get out of my way.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

* No I will not tell you where I live once the alarm has been diconnected.

I would get ahold of a Nissan dealer and ask them where they brain to the alarm is hidden. You could have them fax you a picture or you could go to a dealer to look at their installation instructions. If you remove the brain, your horn should still work. If it's a built in alarm, I'm not sure what to tell you. :( Hope that helps.

The alarm ECU is under the passenger kick panel. You have to pull back the carpet, and then remove the little wooden board which protects it from passengers feet. The EFI ecu is under there as well, along with a few other things, so check the manual to make sure you get the right one. I am am not sure if the car will start with that unplugged though.

It sounds to me that you have one of the sensors that has a loose connection or something. There are trunk and hood sensors in addition to the normal door sensors. The alarm ECU should also monitor the battery voltage, so if there is something inside the car that is dropping the voltage after the car is locked, that could be setting it off.

I think that there is an alarm self diagnosis, (our cars can self diagnose pretty much everything, lol). There should be a section in the manaul about the alarm system that tells you how to do it, just not sure of the page off hand.

If you need any other help, let me know.

-Brett

Guest bocce15

Brett-

Thanks for the reply. After looking on the web, I did find in a forum where the alarm ECU is located. I have a picture for that.

What I am unsure of is what the alarm sensors for the trunk, hood, and doors look like. Is there anyway to describe what these look like in words and perhaps a more specific location of where they can be found? Size, shape, color, etc. If not, do you think you could provide me with a picture? I will try to inspect these before I go diconnecting anything. I agree with you, I don't think the car will start if I disconnect the alarm.

As for the battery, I don't think that anything is draining the battery when the car is off. I have a turbo timer, but that never gave me problems before (the only electrical modification that I know of).

The problem could be that the front strut bar added in recent months could be causing the hood not to close all of the way. The strut bar is made by Carbing and fits without and modifications, so it should be closing all of the way.

Thanks,

yeah the 3000GT's have the same problem the push button sensor on the cars go bad and eventually it thinks that it is being broken into cause it has lost connection.

Heres something you can do. Arm the device and then test both doors, hood and hatch and see which one doesn't go off. that is your bad sensor.