Trany whine

Crash1647545504

about 6 months ago i rebuilt my trany in my garage(automatic, all drive gears were burnt), just with new factory parts, but i never put in a new filter i just used the old one now over the winter the trany made a realy loud whining noise. when spring hit i finaly replaced the filter and the whining was there it was just greatly reduced, well since ive been running 100 shot insted of 50/75 its been whining again, now i asked my dad but hes to lazy to take a look at it, now im wordering if all that extra stress thats being put on it all the suddon is making it whine like that again, is this so or do u guys have any idea?

Originally posted by 4GenSummit:

all that extra stress thats being put on it all the suddon is making it whine like that again

That would be it. I doubt your automatic transmission is built to withstand double the torque/hp it was originally designed for.

I know Ford sucks, but their T-5 trannies are actually pretty decent...and after 8-10 bottles of powershifting a 120 shot through mine, it is starting to get very angry at me.

Good luck though, spray owns.

:cool: