import tunning

Guest delsoldier23

Guest Paint-stripper
Originally posted by SHIEF:

$1000 bucks more? B-series around $2000, H-series $2500. Both can be had for less. As for motor mounts, you make them so the motor sets where you want it, unlike hasport mounts, which don't put the motor where it needs to be all the time. Hmm I spent a whopping $50 making mine tongue.gif . There is just as much aftermarket support for H22's as any B-series (go do some research). It may be 40hp, but it's 50lbs of torque. And not that I really cared what people thought of my car, but more people would look at my crx and go graemlins/eek2.gif because of what motor was in it, compared to another honda that ran 10's sitting side by side. It just made me feel that any amount of money I spent on the car made it worth it.

You actually have a H22 power CRX? I gotta see that. It's actually fit?

its a honda?

keep it auto

find a company that makes some kind of shift kit for it possibly.

5-speeds are fun to drive, but the experience i have heard of with honda manuals is broken axles, missed shifts, and 3-2 downshifts.

the best way to make any car fast is a huge turbo with a built auto, kenny can agree to that ;)

hold the brakes, give it gas, get the huge turbo building some boost, leave the line, consistent un-missed shifts with no loss of boost.

$1000 bucks more? B-series around $2000, H-series $2500. Both can be had for less. As for motor mounts, you make them so the motor sets where you want it, unlike hasport mounts, which don't put the motor where it needs to be all the time. Hmm I spent a whopping $50 making mine tongue.gif . There is just as much aftermarket support for H22's as any B-series (go do some research). It may be 40hp, but it's 50lbs of torque. And not that I really cared what people thought of my car, but more people would look at my crx and go graemlins/eek2.gif because of what motor was in it, compared to another honda that ran 10's sitting side by side. It just made me feel that any amount of money I spent on the car made it worth it.

And we've all heard how ghetto your install is. No thanks. I'm sure you have the axles aligned properly and everything.

Originally posted by I own 2 Stoned Goats now:

its a honda?

keep it auto

find a company that makes some kind of shift kit for it possibly.

5-speeds are fun to drive, but the experience i have heard of with honda manuals is broken axles, missed shifts, and 3-2 downshifts.

the best way to make any car fast is a huge turbo with a built auto, kenny can agree to that ;)

hold the brakes, give it gas, get the huge turbo building some boost, leave the line, consistent un-missed shifts with no loss of boost.

If the automatics that honda makes were worth a darn in a performance environment, do you think people would be racing the manuals?

Hmm....bigbaby who said my install was ghetto? If it's based on the 2 side motor mount brackets, those were re-done. I just used those to get the motor lined up. Other than that nothing was "ghetto". No wires hanging everywhere, etc. So whoever thinks it was ghetto obviously has small balls or they are domestic for life guys and have no clue what they are looking at, cause I haven't heard anything said to me. I've never seen this swap in a street car so I had nothing to go on. Hell bigbaby I highly doubt you could even wire the car up to get it to run. Oh as for the axles how's 1/2 inch angle from hub to tranny, and hub to half-shaft, go look at another honda and get the angles on those axles. Get a clue bigbaby then maybe you can open your mouth, you better stick to nissans graemlins/slap.gif

Hmm....bigbaby who said my install was ghetto? If it's based on the 2 side motor mount brackets, those were re-done. I just used those to get the motor lined up. Other than that nothing was "ghetto". No wires hanging everywhere, etc. So whoever thinks it was ghetto obviously has small balls or they are domestic for life guys and have no clue what they are looking at, cause I haven't heard anything said to me. I've never seen this swap in a street car so I had nothing to go on. Hell bigbaby I highly doubt you could even wire the car up to get it to run. Oh as for the axles how's 1/2 inch angle from hub to tranny, and hub to half-shaft, go look at another honda and get the angles on those axles. Get a clue bigbaby then maybe you can open your mouth, you better stick to nissans graemlins/slap.gif

Wasn't your car the one with the motor sticking out of the hood?

Guest slw240sx

didnt bigbaby wire up his own car the nissan?didnt he also have a boosted civic done by himself? arnt you a car tech man?

and a motor that has to stick out of the hood cause you wanted to be cheap and not install it the right way, thats ghetto..

Yeah it stuck out of the hood....your point? I only had the car on the road for a couple of months, and planned on making a new hood. Oh and when you put that motor in that car you have no choice because the motor is too tall for the car. And I've never seen a boosted civic, how did he do it? It was probably mad tight yo, and made millions of hp :rolleyes: .

That's odd because every h22 civic I have ever seen, including EFs didnt have the motor all ghetto, but I guess since the Hasport mounts "dont let you put the motor where you want it" people cant do tha "Mad Tite" cut hood mod.

I've forgotten more about Hondas then you will ever know. I've diagnosed other peoples "swaps" when they've had problems. Matter of fact I bet I work on more Hondas in a day than you do in a year.Since you obviously have problems figuring this out, if you have a hole cut into your hood with your engine sticking out of it like I've heard yours described, it's ghetto. I don't care why it's like that, it is ghetto. Nobody told me it was ghetto, I heard your engine sticks out of the hood and decided myself that it is ghetto. I had a turbo Civic, now I have an sr20det powered 240sx and all were done cleanly.

I work on Hondas for a living. So to say that I find it amusing when YOU tell ME to get a clue about what I'm talking about, is an understatement. Heed your own advice.

I guess I'll be the bigger man here (which isn't hard)..ok you can think it's ghetto that's fine. I'd like to see those EF's you were talking about Pete because I'm callin BS on that since there are tons of them running around :rolleyes: . HASport never had mounts out for the EF when I did the swap no one did I still don't think anyone has a finished product yet. The basis for the motor placement was around the axles because the drag cars were having problems with axle placement and breaking axles on this swap. Which means I had to put a different hood on the car. Until you do something or see it being done you should really keep your mouth shut, you'll appear smarter in the future.

Guest FBody Addict

who cares if its ghetto as long as it goes fast?

my 86 T/A has the ugliest fuckin red stripe on the hood

why run a 4 cylinder when most moded inline 4's will only go as fast as a stock 5.0

i'll give $100 to the first guy who puts a 454bb in a civic