turbo timer for a 300zx

Guest Brodi

I'm looking into buying a TT 300zx, but it dosen't hav a turbo timer. So I was woundering if anyone could recommend a specific brand that I should go with?? how easy are they to install and could anyone on CR help me out??

Originally posted by BFastCamaro:

I'm looking into buying a TT 300zx, but it dosen't hav a turbo timer. So I was woundering if anyone could recommend a specific brand that I should go with?? how easy are they to install and could anyone on CR help me out??

A. Get the harness so you don't have to hack your ignition wires all to hell.

B. If you can wire basic electronics, they are very easy.

C. Some of the more feature laden models require extra connections for RPM, Speedo, etc. on the ECU

75 bucks for an HKS Type 1 is a smokin deal, but make sure you use the harness with it (~$25 bucks). See A.

HTH,

Howard

I agree with howard to a point. Harness is better but you dont have to "hack" up the wires to install without a harness. T taps work quite well. If you ever have to take it out you just disconnect the male spades from the taps, leave the taps in and all is well.

Soon2B300Z is a buddy of mine. He took a look at the engine of the car today and called me from work, wondering what the hose things coming from the front of the car to the engine were. I found this picture:

http://www2.freepichosting.com/Images/56451/4.jpg

I'm guessing the 2 silver pipes/hoses coming from the front right (left in the picture) of the car to the center of the engine. What are those?

Originally posted by Soon2B300Z:

so are the pipes expensive?? and I heard there were metal pipes, are the metal any better or are they just for looks??

I am pretty sure those are metal. I am not aware that anyone makes an after market set. If you need them you are probably going to have to get them from Nissan.

That is an odd question by the way. Why do you ask it.

well the set that are on there are a little frayed and old and they have sliped off a couple of times and and someone told me it would be a good idea to replace them. so I was just woundering

Now that I saw the engine bay of the car, I'm not really sure if those pipes are the ones he's talking about. Brodi, if/when you get the car, get a picture taken (or take one yourself if you've got a camera handy) of the engine bay so you can better explain it. The picture I posted looks a little less cramped in the front part.

Guest 1 BAD Z TT
Originally posted by Soon2B300Z:

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. can anyone explain to me what a POP CHARGER is and what it does??

A POP Charger = air filter

Jim Wolf Technology (one of the lead 300ZX tuners) just made up the stupid name, but all a pop charger is, is an open element k&n style air intake.

If you have any questions about your 300z or any problems with it just shoot me an email and I'll be glad to help you out. Also, www.twinturbo.net is a great resource if you want to learn how to do things on your Z.